(Reaching Independence Through Employment)
The R.I.T.E. Program provides a 10 week comprehensive Job Readiness Training Program that builds Participants’ skills, confidence and experience while supporting people to secure and maintain sustainable employment.
Participants will receive 6 weeks of group facilitated holistic Job Readiness training incorporating personal development skills such as communication, self worth, anger management and conflict resolution along with personality and vocational assessments and practical job search, resume and interview skills. This will be followed by 4 weeks of intense follow up where participants will develop individualized personal plans that incorporate short term occupational skills training, certifications, one-on-one employment counselling, and job start supports. In addition, beyond the 10 weeks, participants will have further access to job start supports and employment counselling to support participants in maintaining sustainable employment.
There is no cost to the participant for this program and financial supports are provided for travel to the program, occupations skills training, certifications and job start supports such as work gear, tools or necessary equipment.
Please call or email us at your local office to discuss eligibility and to book an intake meeting with an employment counsellor.
- Learn to market yourself effectively in order to secure long-term meaningful employment
- Gain resources and referrals to agencies that will assist with ongoing skills development
- Receive support with entry to the workforce
- Achieve the self-esteem and confidence necessary for entering the labour market
- Acquire marketable skills and certification necessary to compete in today’s labour market
- Understand the skills crucial to maintaining long-term employment
- Receive financial supports related to training, job starts, and transportation to and from the program
Program Locations and Start Dates
101- 2296 McCallum Rd. Abbotsford
Telephone: 604-859-0033 Fax: 604-859-0422
MAPLE RIDGE LOCATION
#101-22575 Lougheed Hwy, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2V2
Telephone: 604-476-1202 Fax: 604-476-1675
8850 Young Road, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4P5