The WEST Program
Warehousing and Employability Skills Training Program
The W.E.S.T. Program is an 18-week employment program designed to support participants facing barriers to employment to gain the confidence and skills necessary to obtain sustainable employment in warehousing and manufacturing positions such as material handlers, shipping and receiving clerks, purchasing and inventory control workers, storekeepers, parts persons and/or shipping supervisors. At no cost to the participant, the Program provides 6 weeks of employability and life skills training, 4 weeks of occupational skills training, 4 weeks of work experience and 4 weeks of job search support. Upon completion, participants will have 8 industry-specific certifications along with the life skills and work experience to be successful in their new careers.
Who is Eligible?
- People looking for on-the-job work experience and skills training
- Those willing to commit to 18 weeks of full-time classroom and practical training
- Anyone on EI or who has received EI in the last 5 years or earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years
- BCEA clients may also be eligible. Eligibility will be determined on a case by case basis, please contact the Triangle office for more details
- $600 weekly living allowance during program
- Transportation costs
- Employment counselling
- Life and employability skills
- On-the-job work experience
- 32 hours of warehouse theory
- 8 industry-specific certifications, including First Aid, WHMIS, Food Safe, H2S Safety, Confined Space Awareness, Forklift Class 5, Pallet Jack Class 3
- Job start supports such as workwear and travel costs
Next group start date: TBD
|18 Week Calender for W.E.S.T. Program|
|Weeks 1 - 4||Life and Workplace Skills Training delivered by Triangle in Chilliwack office (4 Weeks).|
|Weeks 5 - 7||Warehousing Training delivered by Combined Workplace Safety Consulting at the Triangle office in Chilliwack (3 Weeks).
Includes 32 hours of Warehouse Theory and the following certifications: Occupational First Aid, WHMIS, Food safe, Confined Space Awareness, and H2S Safety.
|Weeks 8||Forklift Class 5, Scissor Lift and Pallet Jack Class 3 Certification and practice delivered by Combined Workplace Safety Consulting in their office/facility in Chilliwack (1 Week).|
|Weeks 9-10||Employment workshops and setting up Work Experiences delivered by Triangle in Chilliwack office (2 Weeks).|
|Weeks 11 - 14||On-the-Job Work Experience (4 Weeks).|
|Weeks 15 - 18||Job Search Support delivered by Triangle in Chilliwack office (4 Weeks).|
To Register or Learn more about WEST
101- 2296 McCallum Rd. Abbotsford
2-45668 Storey Ave, Chilliwack, BC V2R 3E4